Friday, January 20, 2023

Prayer

 


God of January days that continue to flow on in endless song.  I give thanks for the moments the melody of Your love set my soul dancing.  For people who cause me to be caught up in Your grace and love; for a church that prayerfully seeks/searches to be open to You; for worship and Bible Study and morning mediations, thank you, God.  I pray for our world, bruised and broken and busy.  I pray for places of war and famine and hatred.  I pray for the ways these narratives too often are the only story I tell myself.  Let Your grace and good news work/wiggle in my life this day.  I pray for those grieving.  I pray for family and friends hurting.  I pray for myself that I will be grounded and guided by You.  Continue, Authoring God, to help me find ways to live values that You have placed upon the shelves of my soul.  Help me be open to learning, deepening, being, striving, and resting in You so that Your rhythm might be the soundtrack to my life.  Let this be more than words on a screen I read, but a way of life I live today.  Amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Morning Prayer

  God of a new month, where what is unresolved from April can linger and leave an imprint, meet us in ways that we sense Your presence as Ch...