Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Prayer for Hurricane Ian

 



We wake up this morning, O God, with the words of the Spiritual, "Precious Lord" humming in our hearts, "Precious Lord, take my hand, lead me on, help me stand.  I am tired, I am weak, I am worn.  Through the storm, through the night, lead us on to the light.  Precious Lord take my hand, lead me home."  

Hand-holding God, lead all who are in the path of Hurricane Ian right now.  Shelter us amid the storm, wind, damage caused, and fear that stirs in our souls at the unknown.  We continue to pray for our brothers and sisters in Cuba, all who are without power and will be in the coming days, and especially those will face the worst of this storm.  

God grant us strength today and in the days to come.  Be with emergency personal, those helping at shelters, and everyone who is called to step up.  

I pray for every person reading this today.  May Your love enfold and hold each of us.  Precious Lord take our hand and help us hold each other in the days to come.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Meditation

  Creator God, You are a Genius at play.   You continually sink deep Your fingers into our lives and world; You continue to sing to our soul...