Friday, June 17, 2022

Friday Prayer

 



Please pray with me. God of every day and each week, thank you for this month of June.  Thank you for the experiences and encounters so far that have been a blessing.  Thank you for moments when I can grow, continue to learn, listen, and know that You are not finished with me.  Thank you for times of new insights, ideas, renewed energy, and sensing Your presence.  Thank you for music, soundtracks, in my life.  Thank you for the titles of music I can connect to the chapters of my life.  Thank you for moments when I can pause, breathe, rest in You.  Thank you even for the moments that perplex me, remind me of my own limitations, and that I don’t know everything.  In the words of the great hymn, “I need Thee, O God, every hour, in joy and pain. Come quickly and abide or life is in vain.”  Abide with me every moment today.  I pray for You, O precious Lord, to take my hand, lead me on, and help me stand.  May Your summons echo true when You but call my name, let me turn and follow You and never be the same.  All this I pray in the name of the One who is the composer and conductor of the symphony of life.  Amen.  



Just because I love this anthem so much right now...listen again to "O Love"...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Foolishness

  Throughout the month of April, we have been playing with the invitation of holy foolishness that is at the heart of Easter.   We have jour...