Yesterday, you looked at the places and spaces where you have found
yourself. The soil that still rests and
resides in your soul. And I asked you to
ponder: where was God, especially in moments when you felt in Exile or Sheol or
a Pit? Where was God amid the difficult
experiences you named and noticed last week?
Sometimes God shows up disguised as other people. Sometimes God shows up in ways we never
anticipated. One of the tensions is that
highlights and lowlights live side-by-side without neat and tidy
conclusions. One of the tensions is that
we can’t resolve everything like a balance sheet. In Genesis 1, God/Spirit/Logos/Word surfed
over the chaos in creation. That isn’t
just some ancient truth; it is a promise of God in your life every day. God surfs over the chaos creatively trying to
bring forth life. And yet, I have free
will to either listen or get caught up in focusing only on the brokenness. This week, we are diving deep into where God
was and how God was weaving threads of love into our lives. This is never a one-and-done assignment. Sometimes the more distance I get from a
moment, the clearer I see. Sometimes
what seemed like the worst thing ever in that moment twenty years ago feels now
like a blip. Maybe you’d even forgotten
about that moment until you started working on these invitations in the Morning
Meditations. Which you say, “Thanks a
lot, Wes, for bringing back that memory!”
And, perhaps you are now remembering the sweetness of a moment in your
20s that also had gotten boxed up and stored in the cobwebbed corners of your
life. Keep looking at the places,
people, highlights and lowlights, noticing how and where God was at work in
you, through you, and I know for me, sometimes despite me! May these moments of meditation help you
glimpse the mystery of your one wild and precious life.

No comments:
Post a Comment