Friday, June 21, 2024

Morning Meditation

 


Please pray with me.  God of yesterday that continues to hover and hum in my life today, thank you for the places and people who held me and helped me as a child.  I give thanks for teachers, preachers, parents (biological and adopted), mentors, and guides who shined their light and offered their love.  Thank you for brothers and sisters; friends who became like siblings; pets; addresses where I received my mail; and co-workers who I broke bread with in the break room.  Thank you, God for bumps in the road, some of which still cause me to feel an ache inside.  Thank you for clothing and music and schools where the smell of a #2 pencil brings back memories.  For what was that has led me to what is today, help the story You are authoring in my life continue to be part of what I listen to these days.  Continue to guide me with grace, lead me with love, and remind me that life is not some equation, but a mystery to learn.  In the name of the One who goes with us always, Jesus the Christ.  Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Reflections

  This week marks the midpoint of this year; we are halfway through 2024.   Insert confetti being thrown here .   This is also a good week t...