Thursday, February 1, 2024

The Garden of Your Life Part 4

 


This week as we are playing with the metaphor of the garden called “our life” ~ the plants of people/relationships, connections, places, experiences, and encounters, I want to mix and mingle in a wonderful invitation from the words of the poet Mary Oliver.  Slowly savor these words:

 

The Gardener

Have I lived enough?
Have I loved enough?
Have I considered Right Action enough,

have I come to any conclusions?
Have I experienced happiness with sufficient gratitude?
Have I endured loneliness with grace?

 

I say this, or perhaps I’m just thinking it.
Actually, I probably think too much.

 

Then I step out into the garden,
where the gardener, who is said to be a simple man,
is tending his children, the roses.

 

May these words remind you that you are not alone in the garden of life.  That we are called to be aware that all our gardens are connected because all the soil and stardust in our souls are connected.  And that you are a rose of God’s cultivation that is growing here and now.  So, we can step out into this day, into our life, with the tools and trowels and good intentions we carry to tend what is before us and within us.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Prayer

  God, there is a sweet, sweet Spirit in this place that hovers and hums and holds us.   God, You continue to conduct the music of our soul ...