Thursday, May 4, 2023

Writing Your Faith Prompt #4

 


We continue to write letters of faith to ourselves and others.  So far this week we have shined a light on where/when the Holy hovered and showed up.  We tried to write about how we understand/feel/sense God in our lives.  Yesterday, we focused on times when we have felt the gap between what we think about God and how we experience (or don’t experience) God.

Prompt #4 ~ What people, places, and practices open you to God?  This could be a list or even a chart for those who really like structure and order.  Think through people who in his/her presence you can be most authentically yourself.  Think through places where you have felt on holy ground…and I hope a few are local and you will go there this week.  Think through practices that help you feel alive.  I might list family and friends ~ names of people who make God’s love real rather than just words I speak about.  I might list the camp I attended growing up, the Boundary Waters in MN, and being out in creation.  I might think of practices like writing, building Legos, reading, watching sitcoms with Gina, and singing on Sunday mornings.  Come up with a list of ways you are filled with life…and then go and practice some of those ways this day.  May this be an encounter and experience of God’s grace amid these difficult days.  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hymn of the Month

  Yesterday, I asked you to look back on your life, look around, and look ahead at this month of May.   I pray you found ways to let your sh...