Friday, May 5, 2023

Friday Prayer

 



Please pray with me.  Gracious God, thank you for moments You show up disguised as my ordinary life.  Thank you for the moments You hover in my life and I pray that as I reflect on the past, this might open me to the present and Your presence here in my life this day.  Thank you for words and drawings and poems and hymns that sing out about the multitude of ways You can be known.  Thank you, God, that we don’t need to confine You by defining You, but for the ways You break/burst forth from our understandings that cause us to laugh in delight.  Thank you, God, for moments of interruption and disruptions when our craftly constructed understandings/theologies come crashing down ~ for in the chaos O God, Your Spirit can create anew and afresh.  Thank you for people, places, and practices that can open me to You.  Let the prompts this week continue to open me to the stories I tell myself and the story You, O God, are co-authoring/editing in each of our lives now.  Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hymn of the Month

  Yesterday, I asked you to look back on your life, look around, and look ahead at this month of May.   I pray you found ways to let your sh...