Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Why did I do that ~ Part Three

 


Gracious God, thank you for the truth that You form and fashion me into being.  Thank you for the breath, this breath, right now.  Guide me this day.  Help me hold lightly my life for the unfolding mystery it is.  I do not always know for sure…I see in a mirror dimly…and won’t ever fully know…why I do what I do.  May I hold this playfully and prayerfully.  May I rejoice with each millimeter of my shadow side I discover.  May the question why I did that or said that, help me reflect with You, for You continually show up disguised as my life.  In the name of the One who is the light of the world and sets a spark in our souls and fire in our veins, Jesus the Christ.  Amen. 

Today, go back to your list of gifts and shadows from yesterday ~ keep reviewing and reflecting and writing.  The point of naming and noticing the light is never one and done.  Maybe you can add a new gift to the list and the shadow side that light casts.  That isn’t just Tuesday’s homework, it is the life journey we all are on.  I would love to talk with you more in the coming weeks about this exercise and what it is provoking/evoking for you.  I pray your reflections help you celebrate that you are God’s beloved and that God isn’t finished with you and God loves you just as you are.  May those truths mix and mingle together as good news for your life this day and the rest of this week.  Amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer of St. Francis

  As we are exploring Earth Week, it is holy to return to the prayer of St. Francis.   I encourage you slowly to read these words, especiall...