Thursday, February 9, 2023

Thursday Pause

 


Breathe in God’s blessing for you today…what does that blessing taste like?  What does God’s blessing sound like?  What does God’s presence look or feel like this day?  Describe with details how God’s blessing is tactile and tangible right now.  Seriously, take a moment to let loose your sacred imagination to describe God’s blessing this morning. 

 

Breathe in God’s blessing for the hours ahead…how can your attention and intention live trusting that before you arrive at the doctor’s appointment, meeting, lunch date, or washing dishes after dinner ~ God is already there. 

 

Breathe in God’s blessing for the hours that have past…how can you let go of the grasp and white knuckling and control that we try to steer our lives in a particular direction. 

 

Prayer with me these words written by Ted Loder, Loosen My Grip

O God, it is hard for me to let go, most times, and the squeeze I exert garbles me and gnarls others.  So, loosen my grip a bit on the good times, and the moments of sunlight and star shine and joy.  That the thousand graces they scatter as they pass may nurture growth in me rather than turn to brittle memories.  Loosen my grip on those grudges and grievances I hold so closely, that I may risk exposing myself to the spirit of forgiving and forgiveness that changes things and resurrects dreams and courage.  Loosen my grip on my fears that I may be released a little into humility and into an acceptance of my humanity (to be human-size).  Loosen my grip on myself that I may experience the freedom of a fool who knows that to believe is to see kingdoms, find power, sense glory to reach out is to know myself held, to laugh at myself is to be in on the joke of your grace; to attend to each moment is to hear the faint melody of eternity; to dare love is to smell the wild flowers of heaven.  Loosen my grip on my ways and words on my fears and fretfulness; that letting go into the depths of silence and my own uncharted longings, I may find myself held by you and linked anew to all life in this wild and wondrous world you love so much, so I may take to heart that you have taken me to heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Morning Prayer

  God of a new month, where what is unresolved from April can linger and leave an imprint, meet us in ways that we sense Your presence as Ch...