Friday, October 14, 2022

Friday Prayer

 


God of Exodus moments when we live in the meantime.

God of uncertainty when we’d rather close the doors of hearts and homes ~ shut out the world.

God of life amid storms, surround and sustain us with peace.

 

Where I am tired, fill me with the energy of Your Spirit.

Where I am worn, remind me that the desire to follow You is a step toward You.

Where I am weak, offer me a place to rest in the shade of Your love.

 

As I look back on the week, I give thanks for (fill in two moments that brought a smile to your face).

As I rewind the past five days, I have felt the energy of emotion in my heart (name and notice some of the emotions sitting on the shelves of your soul).

As I examine where I’ve been, this person and place comes to my mind (sit with an experience from the last week.)

And I look to the coming days, I pray You would go before, beside, and behind me when facing (name an upcoming event where you need God to arrive first in that situation).

 

Be thou my wisdom this day and every day. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Morning Prayer

  God of a new month, where what is unresolved from April can linger and leave an imprint, meet us in ways that we sense Your presence as Ch...