Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Wisdom from Winnie the Pooh Part 3

 


“The things that make me different are the things that make me, me.” ~ Piglet

 

One of the things I love about Milne’s Winne the Pooh stories is the cast of characters.  In some ways I can connect with each character as a part of our own story. 

 

I see myself in Pooh in my endless search, not for honey, but for the most delicious bowl of ice cream…along with searching/seeking other things too!

I see myself in Piglet in the quiet moments when I don’t feel confident or competent. 

I see myself in Tigger when energy, enthusiasm, wells up within me ~ like on Sunday mornings as I preach.

I see myself in Owl when talking about the Bible, I could go on and on and on, perhaps boring others, with how endlessly fascinating I find Scripture.

I see myself in Rabbit, sometimes a bit grouchy, but being outside in the garden helps and sharing the fruits of my labor with others.

I see myself in Kanga and Roo when with my family, the love and support that gives life. 

I see myself in Eeyore when I get caught in seeing only the brokenness in life, but there is a tenderness and earnestness to Eeyore too. 

I see myself in Christopher Robin in wanting to live life as an adventure rather than a struggle.

 

You are uniquely you, but there are deeper truths that connect you to others.  There is the beautiful tension that you are who you are because of the others who have left fingerprints upon your heart.  None of us is “self-made”, but we do get to shape our stories.  I pray today you would both celebrate that there will never be another you on this earth, but that you are made up of the encounters with family and friends.  How do you see the cast of characters (whether it is from Winnie the Pooh or your favorite show) contributing to the creation that gazes back in the mirror as you brush your teeth?  May these questions prompt you to sense and live from God’s love today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Morning Prayer

  God of a new month, where what is unresolved from April can linger and leave an imprint, meet us in ways that we sense Your presence as Ch...