Thursday, June 2, 2022

Morning Meditation

 


Return with me this morning to the Serenity Prayer: God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...courage to change the things I can…and Wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time, accepting hardship as the pathway to peace. taking, as Christ did, this sinful (read: broken, bruised, gone astray) world as it is, not as I would have it. Trusting that God will make all things right if I surrender to God’s will. That I may be reasonably happy in this life, And supremely happy with God forever in the next. Amen.  

 

This is the third time this week we have said this prayer.  Is there something new you heard?  A word that caught your attention or a phrase that unsettled you?  You can pray the same prayer every day for your whole life and never tire of it, because words create worlds each time we speak them.  Each time I say, “I love you” to my family, those words recreate a world.  Yes, the same words can be repetitive or go on autopilot.  Or words can fashion and form new things.  This is why gratitude is endless new each day.  Today I am thanking that I woke up.  I am breathing.  The sun is shining and a bird just whistled a tune.  The mystery that our bodies are constantly shedding skin, recreating/resurrecting, and we look in the mirror and we are able to still recognize ourselves!  The mystery of relationships.  The joy of laughter and music and love that fills our hearts.  The world is alive with God.  Do we notice?  Do we let the holy hovering in our lives get a word in edgewise?  This is the endless source of thanksgiving.

 

May the beauty of living the questions today so enliven your heart and soul, making all the difference.  Alleluia and Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Foolishness

  Throughout the month of April, we have been playing with the invitation of holy foolishness that is at the heart of Easter.   We have jour...