Friday, June 3, 2022

Friday Prayer



God of new days and holy ways; God of moments of sacred play; meet me in this moment I pray.  I need Your presence when I start to fray (and fret and sway); I need Your grace amid the fears and hurts that weigh; I need Your light to guide me when I stray. 

Enter in, awaken my soul, surround the words I say; allow Your presence to shine through me like a ray; give me moments to pause and safety from prey; the hurts I carry too long of betray; for there is another way to life rather than dismay; so grant me wisdom, courage, and love along this walkway; for your presence sweetens my life like a sorbet; that somehow, in some way, I might find serenity through this wordplay.  May the love of God dance and delight you in marvelous and mysterious way. 

 


I pray you continue to find ways to be open to our planting, watching, watering, waiting, harvesting, sorting, and resting God.  May the God who dances in our midst awaken you to join in the holy movement of today. Amen. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Foolishness

  Throughout the month of April, we have been playing with the invitation of holy foolishness that is at the heart of Easter.   We have jour...