Friday, June 24, 2022

Friday Prayer

 


Please pray with me.  God who moves in our lives with a hope and healing, we know Your wisdom needs only a few millimeters to find room to reside within us.  Thank you, God, for moments this week when asking whether something needed to be said, now, by me was helpful or even adverted creating more animosity.  Thank you, God, that You need only a split second to help me write a better story.  I share with You times I said some snappy come back that hurt someone.  Or moments I treat my words as if they are scoring me points on that mythical (but does-not-exist) scoreboard.  I still can see life as a balance sheet where if I don’t speak, I don’t win.  Help me continue to listen to the stories I tell myself, then give You, O God, room to revise my story with the one You are prayerfully co-authoring with me.  May such space help me and be a blessing to those I encounter today.  In the name of the One who loved to tell Your story of endless love, Jesus the Christ.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentences to ponder

  Yesterday, I invited you to let the lingering prayer of letting go of our anger, annoyance, and agitation at others because they are not a...