Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Reflection Wednesday

 


We are at the midpoint of another week, the last full week in January.  How is loving God, others, and yourself going?  Are you finding ways to explore, experience, embrace and embody this invitation?

I have tried this month to be descriptive rather than prescriptive.  I can’t tell you exactly how to love God, others, and yourself because the ways I prayerfully seek to do this are appropriate for my uniquely created in God’s image self.  The ways I connect with the Creator (by talking walks and breath prayer) for you might leave you feeling empty or exhausted.  The ways I love my family and our church might feel to you like wearing a pair of shoes that are too big or small.  The ways I care for myself are ways that are meaningful and make a difference for me.

And all the above is constantly evolving.  How I love God, self, and others on January 26, 2022 is different than January 26, 2021 or January 1999 or January 1980 (which I think back then involved a lot of playing with Matchbox cars).  Jesus’ invitation into love is not a set and forget; we cannot go on autopilot; these relationships are dynamic because all relationships are fluid and in flux.  To be sure, some things stay the same, but there are subtle ways relationships expand in new directions.

Take a moment today to think back on moments you have loved self, others, God in the past.  Look around today at how those invitations might be pointing to new places.  Continue to name, claim, and pray your way into this passage that Jesus said was at the center and core of our faith.  And may God’s presence awaken your sacred imagination and give your courage to continually find ways to let these words ground/guide your life.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Morning Prayer

  God of a new month, where what is unresolved from April can linger and leave an imprint, meet us in ways that we sense Your presence as Ch...