Thursday, December 23, 2021

Love Part Four

 


It is Christmas Eve Eve…which I know is not a holiday, but maybe should be?  I pray yesterday you engaged prayerfully in a moment to prepare for God’s entry into the world. Whether yesterday you engaged in an activity or sat silently and listened to music or feasted on a food that tasted like “childhood”. 

Today…do it again.

Some people are thinking, “Wait, isn’t this devotional supposed to be different every day?” 

I think sometimes in the midst of our calendars being too full, we believe that one moment to intentionally prepare our hearts for the mystery of Christ’s birth should be enough.  But my soul needs more space.  My heart needs more room to raise a hand and suggest another way to make today a holy day so that tomorrow might sing to my life in a new way.

Pause this morning and ponder the ways you might move about the hours before you.  I invite you to be intentional.  I realize you may have tasks that need to be done on your to-do list.  Family might be arriving…presents need to be wrapped…and you may still need to go to the grocery store. 

Perhaps today isn’t about adding one more thing, but being thoughtful about how you go about what how you move about today.

Can you prepare the breakfast casserole for Christmas morning while mixing in love?

Can you share peace with others when you are in the store, looking the cashier in the eyes?

Can you be open to joy as you go about the things you need to do?

How might this day have hope woven into each moment?

Whether you choose to add an activity intentionally or intentionally go about the activities you have…I pray for God’s presence, Emmanuel, to enfold and hold you.  One more day until the most meaningful night of the Christian calendar.  May today be a beautiful day to encounter the Eternal each second.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hymn of the Month

  Yesterday, I asked you to look back on your life, look around, and look ahead at this month of May.   I pray you found ways to let your sh...