Thursday, August 19, 2021

Remembering Today

 


I remember pacing nervously back and forth in the church hallway.  The collar of the white button shirt was tight around my neck and did not help my breathing.  The pastor softly touched my shoulder, told me it was time, and I ~ along with my brother and best friends shuffled down the side aisle of the sanctuary about to begin the wedding ceremony.

Twenty-one years ago I married my wife.  It was, is, and will always be one of the best days of my life.  I remember promising to love Gina as she is and as she will become ~ for better and for worse.  Twenty-one years later, those vows remain as important as ever ~ especially living in the world today.  The words we spoke were written on our hearts.  Twenty-one years later, I still feel like I am on a grand, great adventure - and can't wait to see where the road takes us next.

I have been thinking a lot about marriage recently as I am completing a 52-week devotional written for husbands that will be published in November.  While I always wanted to write a book, I never thought my first book would be on trying to offer wisdom to husbands.  Yet, the opportunity of writing the devotional has been a blessing to reflect on marriage and God's presence in our life.  Like marriage, writing the book has had ups and downs ~ twist and turns.  Moments of stress, times of both joyful and frustrated tears.  Most importantly, this has taught me about why I value Gina as my partner so much.

I will let you know when the book is ready and released.  

Today, I honor and celebrate my wife who is my best friend, companion, partner, one who makes me laugh, helper, and a reminder of God's love in my life.  I honor and celebrate my wife whose presence, support, and care is a blessing beyond words.  Today, I honor God's presence in Gina and commit to continuing to live our vows to love her with all my heart every day.  

Happy Anniversary...with all my love 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer of St. Francis

  As we are exploring Earth Week, it is holy to return to the prayer of St. Francis.   I encourage you slowly to read these words, especiall...