Friday, August 13, 2021

Pausing to Reflect

 


This week we have engaged the prayer practices of body scan, paying attention to our five senses, and the practice of lovingkindness.  What did you find meaningful in each practice?  Was one practice difficult?  Any insights about why you might have found one more helpful than the others?  Sometimes, sitting openly and reflecting honestly about what we are experiencing, can provide a pathway to God’s presence. 

As we hold this day God has made, please pray with me:

Gracious God, thank you for this most amazing day and for my one, wild and precious life.  Thank you for the ways you move through my thoughts and guide my energy.  Thank you for my senses which allow me to pay attention.  Thank you for this body, crafted creatively in Your imagine.  Continue to help me be open to You, O God, every moment this day.  Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer sentence 4

  I invite you to breathe in and slowly exhale.   I invite you to rest in the promise that you don’t have to earn or deserve your way to God...