Friday, July 30, 2021

Growing and Dwelling in Christ

 


But speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ (Ephesians 4:15)

 

Is it true?  Is it kind and loving?

 

Does what I am saying help or hinder?  Do my words wound another?  I am expecting everyone to be like me and do things my way?  Do I stomp on toes as a way to prove my point and then justify this saying, “That’s just the way it is” or “They deserved it.”?  Do see conversations like a balance sheet where someone wins and someone else loses? 

 

Do I get frustrated with others and struggle with how to love them?

 

Does my confidence bias blind me?  Does my complacency bias leave me stuck on the sidelines?  Does my complementary bias cause me to gravitate toward people like me?

 

Do I deflect and defend and dismiss others?

 

Do I falter and fall short of Paul’s description of a life built on the firm foundation of Christ, then quickly discount why this particular passage is no longer relevant for my life?  Do I struggle with how to speak the truth in love?

 

Yes, yes, and yes.

 

Prayer: God let these words and all the questions that have been stirred up in my soul this week continue to seek to grow toward the light of Your love and grace every day.  Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tending Home

  As we explore Earth Week, honoring that from dust (earth/soil/mud) we are made and that we have a mixture of soil and star dust in our sou...