Friday, June 25, 2021

The Lord's Prayer


 

Today, I want to share a video of praying the Lord’s Prayer using American Sign Language.  I invite you to watch this several times and try to learn ways to embody the Lord’s Prayer letting your hands get caught up in the holiness of these words, bringing the words to life.  Part of what I find so powerful about this way of praying the Lord's Prayer is it invites us to embody these words ~ inhabit these words ~ the words start to become more than syllables that fall from our lips.  Pay attention to the motions and movements and ways your body brings to life this prayer.  There are many, many versions of the Lord's Prayer in Sign Language and I encourage you to not just watch but learn a way to bring this prayer to life with your whole being.   May this way of praying the Lord's Prayer awaken you to new insights and remind you that your whole self (from the top of your head to your pinkie toe) is created in God's image.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Meditation ~ Earth Week

  One of my favorite authors is John O’Donohue.   I encourage you to read slowly this poem, prayer of his:   FOR A NEW BEGINNING   I...