Friday, May 28, 2021

It's Me O Lord Standing in the Need of Prayer

 


 

As we wrap up and wind down this week of dipping our toe into the pool of prayer, I want to share a prayer from one of my favorite authors, Joyce Rupp.  It is entitled, Beckoner.

 

You tap at the window of my heart

You knock at the door of my busyness

You call out in my night dreams

You whisper in my haphazard prayer.

You beckon.  You invite.  You entice.

You woo.  You holler.  You insist:

Come! Come into my waiting embrace.

Rest your turmoil in my easy silence

Put aside your heavy bag of burdens

Accept the simple peace I offer you.  Amen and Amen!

 


1 comment:

  1. Come Peace, come . . . sit upon my shoulder . . . Come Peace, come . . .

    ReplyDelete

Good Friday Prayer

  Hear these words from Rev. Nadia Bolz-Weber: Richard Rohr once wrote that “Holiness never  feels like holiness, it just feels like you’r...