Thursday, May 27, 2021

It's Me O Lord Standing in the Need of Prayer

 


Here we are on day four of digging and diving into prayer.  I wonder, what question do you have about prayer?

Seriously, you can post a question to the comment section.

Or, you can email me.

Or call me.

One caveat, I probably will not know the answer! 

I am not super spiritual answer dude.  The more I discover, the more I realize how much I don’t know.  But part of prayer is not just the right ways to convince God to do what we want, what is often called “Vending Machine God.”  I realize I totally date myself with the image of a vending machine that you feed dollar bills into rather than just swiping and sliding your credit card!  Remember trying to get the dollar bill smooth so the machine would accept it and you could get your M&Ms?

Part of the joy of questions is they set us in a direction.  Your question is a quest – which is the root of the word.  Your question about prayer gives voice to a place you are curious.  Your question about prayer offers you an insight into where you want to experience and explore more.  Prayer is like the ocean or space, two frontiers that we have barely even begun to learn about!  There is so much of both water and galaxies of stars that are beyond us.  That is part of the joy.  Likewise, there is a vast variety of ways we can connect with the Creator that we have not even begun to exhaust or encounter.

What is your question?  

Prayer: Questing, questioning, quenching God who lives in the mystery of the unknown, meet us and motivate us to dive into prayer deeply today and every day with you.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer of St. Francis

  As we are exploring Earth Week, it is holy to return to the prayer of St. Francis.   I encourage you slowly to read these words, especiall...