Friday, December 28, 2018

The first noel



I pray that in these twelve days of Christmas you have sensed God's love like the moon shining and shimmering in your life, lighting the way.

I pray that you have continued to find ways to be wrapped in the hope, peace, joy, and love that is a bridge from this year to the next.

I pray that you are sensing the beautiful truth that we are surrounded by a sacred that will not ever let us go.

If not...if perhaps you need a few reminders of the holy ways God is shifting, swirling, stirring...here are two.

First, Christmas isn't Christmas without watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  With childhood nostalgia in me, here is one of my favorite scenes.


Second, for something a bit more modern one of my favorite version of "The First Noel"


May you sense more than a trace of God's grace in both these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday Prayer

  Hear these words from Rev. Nadia Bolz-Weber: Richard Rohr once wrote that “Holiness never  feels like holiness, it just feels like you’r...