Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sabbath Prayer Part Seven


Because seven is a sacred number...it seemed appropriate to wrap up this series of posts with that number.  I hope you will return to the Jewish Sabbath Prayer as your heart and soul cries out for its wisdom.  For now, I wanted to offer my own words in response to praying this prayer for the past few weeks.


God of sunlight streaming in through the stained-glass window of my life,
Help me notice the kaleidoscope of colors in my life.
For the passion of red...to share the love with family, friends, and even vulnerably with those I see as enemy.
For the energy of orange...that wakes me up and gets me up out of bed.  The work to do this day that you have made.
For the mellow of yellow...that invites me to rest and that saving the world is a job already taken by someone else...help me trust in you.
For the newness of green...places of growth...even ones that stretch me beyond my comfort zone.
For the hope that is blue...seeing the spaces and places that are not finished and do not fully reflect Your presence.
For the darkness of indigo that reminds me that life is not all chocolate rivers and pony rides.  There is too much pain, but I need not turn away, for with You I can see a deeper truth.
For the lightness of violet that easy of the night into dawn...the transition from struggle to catching my breath.

Let the rainbow of your colorful world interrupt my life every hour of every day.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Sentences #5

  Sometimes it is good to rewind and review where we have been in the last week.   This is not an evaluation ~ there are no grades ~ just a ...