Friday, September 9, 2016

In Honor of Fifteen Years



Today, September 9th, is my fifteen anniversary of ordination.  In the next few posts, I want to share a few reflections about my call, my faith, and this amazing trace of God's grace that has led me safe thus far.  Today's prayer/poem is inspired by a Holy Ground event in my life when I was a teenager in the Boundary Waters of Minnesota on a week long camping trip.

Angry storm cloud hang and hover over my head
While beneath their furrowed brow,
I slowly paddled my way across a lake.
Choppy waters lap below;
Choppy wind blows wildly beside;
Choppy drops of rain splat on my shoulders...drenching my shirt.
Chaos!
Then...
A single ray of sun suddenly appears;
Grace in a time of fear.
Hope in a time of darkness.
If that moment taught me anything about God...
It is simply to be open;
Open to the possibility and promise that change happens
In creation.
In canoes.
In community.
In me.

May the traces of God's grace surround you.  May you taste and see that God is good all the time.

Blessings and peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday Prayer

  Hear these words from Rev. Nadia Bolz-Weber: Richard Rohr once wrote that “Holiness never  feels like holiness, it just feels like you’r...