Friday, September 16, 2016
In honor of Fifteen Years, Part Three
Welcome to the third part of this series...in the words below, I hope to capture some of the sense of how this unfolding, on-going love affair with God has led me to understand the One in whom I live and find my being.
Some talk of God like
Superman or Wonder woman or Mighty Mouse,
Waiting for God to swoop in and save the day.
Some talk of God in whispers,
Beyond all comprehension...
A "mystery"
Which means, "keep your mouth shut"
Something I struggle to do.
Some talk of God
As a ground and source of being.
God who plays in the mud, fashioning and forming all that is seen.
Some talk of God
As event itself
God not in the words...
but in the act of reading.
What if God,
Yahweh...
Is breath itself.
When Moses asked for a name...
God said Yahweh..
Well actually..."YHWH"
Which is gibberish.
Nonsensical.
Unpronounceable.
Or maybe YHWH is the sound of breathing itself.
Inhale
Exhale
God.
The very event, experience, and encounter of breath giving life.
God.
Blessings and peace ~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prayer
God promises to all who trust in the gospel forgiveness of sins and fullness of grace, courage in the struggle for justice and peace, the ...
-
You discern my thoughts from far away, O God. You search out my path and my lying down. And are acquainted with all my ways. Psalm 13...
-
Words create worlds...said Abraham Heschel Words that I speak. Words that I hear. Words that I want to hold at a distant. Words that ...
-
Through the Word all things came into being… What is coming into being with your word this week? Maybe your Advent word is helping ...
No comments:
Post a Comment