Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Lent: Prayerful and Intention



Grant me serenity.
We are asking for a peace that surpasses understanding.
We ask asking for a sense of shalom, wholeness, even when we feel incomplete and unfinished.
We are asking for a sense of wellness even in the midst of brokenness.
When the light falls into a dark room,
The two co-exist together, mingle and mix, especially around the edges.

So go to the edges of your life this day.
What is jagged there?
What pricks or pinches or pushes all your buttons?
What is there that longs to be drenched with God's peace...
A peace that is not some easy, magic button...
But a peace that declares...
All will be well.

Where do we long for peace,
especially in those things I cannot change.
Church meetings;
Politics;
Other people...despite my best efforts;
And even myself.

When it is from the lens of peace that I view 
my life
my family
my community
our world.
Suddenly I start to see that there are some small step, some small changes I can make.
Not to change everything completely.
But to change how I see
How I speak
How I live and move and have my being.
And in that moment, the prayer is right on...
There is peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Meditation ~ Earth Week

  One of my favorite authors is John O’Donohue.   I encourage you to read slowly this poem, prayer of his:   FOR A NEW BEGINNING   I...