Friday, September 15, 2023

In-spire with God

 


I pray the questions this week of what is your best; when are you at your best/what are the conditions of your best; describing a good day; and honoring the blessedness of a bad day have awoken joy this last week.  I pray you have approached these questions lightly…not as some assignment to turn in for a grade ~ because my intention for you was to explore the curriculum called, “Your life” with the curiosity of George ~ that wonderful monkey who got into all that mischief from my youth.  One final question to ponder, what is inspiring you right now?  Or you may want to reframe and rephrase the question, who is inspiring you right now?  Or what conditions inspire you.  I have shared that being in creation, which is God’s first testament of the holy hovering in our lives and our web of life, inspires me.  Talking with my wife and kids inspires me.  Sunday morning worship, weekly Bible Study groups, and conversations with members inspires me.  Watching Ted Lasso inspires me.  Reading poetry inspires me.  Remember that the root of “inspire” is to fill or to prompt or awaken or activate or energize.  When you are inspired, you are overflowing with a flow of the sacred.  Note that the word, “spire” is breath so when you are in-spired, you are overflowing with the breath of God.  What/who/when/how/under what conditions right now do you sense the breath of God filling you?  When and where does God’s love overflow your life ~ splashing over the sides and sloshing onto the tea saucer?   May that image awaken you to the goodness of God’s presence this day and in the days to come.  Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hymnal of Our Soul Part 3

  “We are all human beings. We are all feeling this emotion together at the same time. And this is uniting us. We are not separate.”   Alice...