Friday, July 31, 2020

Prayer



Holy One hold today the light of life in your hands.
Holy One guide and ground the actions of my life with Your presence.
Holy One lead and let loose my words with Your love.

I realize how quickly days can stack on days.
I realize that one moment can be at once both ordinary and holy.
I realize that in the midst of change and chaos, there is little I can control.

I long be a conduit of compassion and care.
I deeply desire to be so intertwined with You that are wills are one.
I prayerfully seek You.

And then...
Life interrupts and intrudes in ways that can make these prayerful moments seem as distant as Pluto.
I forget love in the face of frustration.
The priority of prayer is pushed aside for something that seems more important at the time.
People arrive with brokenness that can hurt and harm.
Or as the Apostle Paul said, "For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate."  

Complicated, complex, convoluted and confusing, life can be.
Beautiful, blessed, bewildering, and beholding, life can also be.
Sometimes wrapped in wonder, love and praise, it is both.

So, take my life and let it be, fully steeped in Your marvelous mystery.
Take this moment and this day, let me be caught up in prayer and praise.
For You are the One who names and claims my life,
Let that truth fully take hold through all the joy and strife.
May the light of Your love, the trace of Your grace,
Be now my vision, with every person and place.

Amen. 
Alleluia.
Amen.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Sentences #5

  Sometimes it is good to rewind and review where we have been in the last week.   This is not an evaluation ~ there are no grades ~ just a ...