Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Clouds


As the shadowy somber clouds sail across the morning sky,
Occasionally permitting a sliver of the late night moon to peak, peer through.
I marvel at the mystery of the moment unfolding before me.

I know these clouds and they know me.
The usually come in the day time disguised as stress and strain.
They often introduce themselves as grief,
Tension in a relationship,
Vexing problems that won't be easily solved,
Pain that sits unprocessed in the arm chair of my office waiting, wondering if I will ever slow down long enough to pay attention...

The glimpses of light appear too in the comments of people who care,
In those who are willing to risk and dare,
In the loving sight of my wife and childrens' stare.

The light and darkness are always playfully interwoven into our lives, but we have bought into the false narrative that somehow we deserve...or have earned...or we should always yearn toward the light.
But from the beginning God crafted and created light and dark...the only day God did not bless the part of creation as "good".  Perhaps God did this because we need to break through the dualistic way of one being bad while the other is good.  Perhaps God wanted to say that both have lessons to teach and tell us.  Perhaps the mystery and marvel of that early morning walk amid the shadowy somber clouds was like that first morning.

What lessons might the clouds teach me today?

Will I be brave, bold enough to open my life not only to clinging to light?

Can I discover again the ancient mystery that there is more than a trace of grace in both?

Blessings ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Sentences #5

  Sometimes it is good to rewind and review where we have been in the last week.   This is not an evaluation ~ there are no grades ~ just a ...