Sunday, October 16, 2016

Vastness



Words won't come...
And for a preacher that causes a bit of anxiety to creep in.

Words raise their hands asking to be excused...
Lest this holy moment;
Holy ground;
Ineffable sacred, saturated, soaked moment try to be quantified or qualified or packaged for consumption.

So in the vastness of this moment I stand still.
I realize the truth of Job...that I was not there when the world was created.
Yet, I know I am tangled and twisted by the fingerprints of God.

So in the vastness of this moment I realize that I am un-necessary
But someone needs to notice this beauty.
Someone needs to name the truth that God is present here.
Someone needs to proclaim and praise from the top of my lungs...
Or my soul singing out so loud, but only I can hear.

Vastness adjusts my perspective.
Vastness helps me remember I don't rule the universe.
Vastness calls me to take my place and know that being God's beloved is more than enough.

May the traces of God's vast love surround you and God's grace sustain you now and this week.

Blessings ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bread Crumb Prayer

  Bread and wine and water, O God, You always seem to find the holiness in the ordinary.   Not us, O God, we like the special and spectacula...