Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Lent 5: Intentional and Prayerful



Tuesdays are always tough for me...
The day is a prayer of confession just waiting to be written.
When the melody of the music and the meaningfulness of worship starts to fade slowly away.

Tuesdays are tough for me...
So much lingering that did not get done yesterday...
So many days until a day of rest...
So many lines still on the "To-do" list.

Until the wisdom of Martin Luther rings in my ear...
"I am so busy today...I MUST pray more."

Until the wisdom of Barbara Brown Taylor beckons me to another frame...
"Sabbath is permission to once a week be good for nothing."

Until the wisdom of faith reminds me...
"Salvation is not up to me...God's love is not earned...but simply is."

So meld me, mold me, fill me, and move through me to sense that this is the day You have made,
Even if it is a tough Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bread Crumb Prayer

  Bread and wine and water, O God, You always seem to find the holiness in the ordinary.   Not us, O God, we like the special and spectacula...