Thursday, April 11, 2024

Ruts in our mental roads

 


“I believe in Christ, like I believe in the sun – not because I can see it, but by it I can see everything else.”  C.S. Lewis

 

The foolishness of Easter changes our assumptions and presumptions and prejudices.  Suddenly life can feel too chaotic and we want to race and run back to what is known/comfortable.  Each of us have neuro pathways that fire in our brain throughout the day.  In some ways, these are good.  I like the ruts of routines that help me not overthink what to have for breakfast or the patterns and structures to my week that help me plan.  In addition, there can be pathways that are so well worn ~ it becomes like a dirt road in springtime.  Trying to respond differently when someone says something that hurts can be difficult because it is bumping a scar that may not have properly healed.  Trying to not get caught up in a sea of cynicism today can cause us to feel like salmon swimming upstream.  The question is, what is the Easter light revealing to you?  I continue to ponder prayerfully the spices of life.  I think about who is adding spice (good and bitter) to my life.  I continue to discern what ways I can life as an Easter person this year, especially since all the chocolate bunnies in my house are now finished!  As the sun rises on this new day, as morning has broken like the first morning, what ways is the good news of an empty tomb and emphatic “Yes” to life embodied in you, through you, for you, and to you?  That question, like a cave, can cause us to soul spelunk for days upon days.  May the exploration of the dance between our interior and exterior lives in community continue to lead us to live from the place that we are accepted and called to draw the circle wide for others.  May the light of this truth reveal for your life new insights and inspiration for this day.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Foolishness

  Throughout the month of April, we have been playing with the invitation of holy foolishness that is at the heart of Easter.   We have jour...