Friday, October 20, 2023

Friday Prayer

 


Please pray with me,

 

Guiding, grace-overflowing, love-pouring out, ever present God, thank you for this day.

Thank you for this peculiar time with challenges and blessings.

Let my words today be a blessing, coming forth from the place where You and I are one.

Let my presence today be infused with Your light.

Let me be open to Your shaping wisdom rather than the gospels that I encounter in the headlines and deadlines and agenda of other featherless bipeds.

Help me be human size, for that is the whole size You crafted me to be.

You don’t ask me to be perfect.

You don’t expect me to ace every conversation or always know the exact next right step or have perfectly white teeth.

You ask me to be me.

As I seek to navigate this world, the rollercoaster of life, You promise to be with me and You promise to show up disguised in this ordinary life.  So awaken me God to You.  Let my antenna be tuned toward Your symphony and let my life be caught up in praise and prayer and participating with myself.

On this day, may my life be infused and inspired, guided and growing and grounded in this ongoing wayless way You travel along me and all that breathes.

Blessing and love to You, O God, I sing and pray I will share in this day.  Amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hymnal of Our Soul Part 3

  “We are all human beings. We are all feeling this emotion together at the same time. And this is uniting us. We are not separate.”   Alice...