Friday, June 23, 2023

Embodying God's Presence Prayer

 


God, continue to slow me down.  To notice the ache in my body, to notice the joy, to taste the goodness and grace that are part of this journey of life.  Help me remember that everyone is facing and fighting something which I may know nothing about.  As Paul says, we see in a mirror dimly.  Help me celebrate my connections this week.  The sweet laughter with friends and the moments of talking to a neighbor and the hug that still lingers.  Help me grieve the pains of words spoken too quickly and sharply by another or by my own internal critic.  Help me continue to be open to the truth that crafted in Your image and longing to belong are part of this condition called, “Humanity.”  May You continue to show up in my life in these days in ways that delight me and with a love that never lets me ~ or anything in all the world ~ go.  Amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Morning Prayer

  God of a new month, where what is unresolved from April can linger and leave an imprint, meet us in ways that we sense Your presence as Ch...