Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Embodying God's Presence Part 3

 


This week we are hold the twin truths that you are God’s beloved and our deep desire to belong.  We have tried to practice this of wearing out skin out in the world among other humans.

How is that going?

My guess is that you’ve probably had some moments when you were able to embrace and embody both truths.  And there were sometimes when it was a swing and miss.  Remember that a good batting average in baseball is 3 out of 10 times.  Remember that in baseball errors are a part of the game.

There is no magical formula that makes this easy. There are no rules or simple steps.  And there is an abundance of opportunities to practice this every day. Continue to open your mind, imagination, heart, and whole life to God who shows up in your life and in the life of every person you encounter today.

Prayer: God, You are still at work in me and around me, help me be patient and kind and loving to my self and my neighbor, for Your love is what fuels and feeds my life every day.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Morning Prayer

  God of a new month, where what is unresolved from April can linger and leave an imprint, meet us in ways that we sense Your presence as Ch...