Friday, April 21, 2023

Easter truth ~ With

 


And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age. Matthew 28:20b

 

Breathe in the presence of Christ with you right now, and exhale the voice that says it is all up to you…and you alone. 

Breath in the presence of Christ who embraces your faith and foolishness ~ certainty and doubt, and exhale all the definitions of faith that says you’ve got to be confident and in control.

Breathe in the unknown-ness of life…breathe out our deep desire to have a playbook.

 

God of Easter-ing faith, what are humans that You are mindful of us?  Why in the world does Jesus call us to be partners, did You see what I did/say/thought on Wednesday this week?  I am not sure I can disciple in the world today, with the news and drama and dysfunction…where do I start?  Yet, I know the first disciples didn’t have it all figured out.  They had faith and doubt.  They had moments of brilliance and bone-headedness.  They got it right and bumbled/stumbled/ fell flat/splat/on their face.  And if, You, O God can work with them, maybe You could work through me.  Help me.  Be with me.  Remind me that I am not alone.  The gift of the church, community, is a place to practice discipling with each other.  The gift of the church is a safe place to celebrate and say, “What was I thinking?!?”  The gift of the church is human size people, featherless bipeds, just like me.  Open me to how You still show up in the less-than-perfectness of this group art project called, “Life”.  And may I remember today you are with me wherever I am.  Amen.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hymnal that Hums in Our Soul Part 1

  If music is the language of the soul made audible, then human voices, raised in concert and in human gatherings, are primary instruments o...