Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Morning Meditation ~ Thanksgiving Part 3

 


On the eve of Thanksgiving, I pause to reflect.

About all that is happening, a moment of introspect.

The last eleven months has given much to dissect.

I know the moments of joy and days almost perfect.

Graduation, birthdays, where laughter was the sound effect.

And I know moments of pain, hurt, dejected, and neglected.

Both the good and ugly sit side-by-side in my heart unchecked.

What do I really make of tomorrow, my mind questions and objects?

How do we live when it feels like constant change and lessening respect?

Perhaps I can’t solve all the pain and hurt and less than perfect-ness,

But I can show up with a grace, curiosity, and thoughtful intellect.

I can commit to being a conduit of God’s liberating love as prayerful affect. 

While I don’t propose that this would all the ills of the world correct,

I do, deep in my heart, trust this way of life can help us all connect.

So, on this day before turkey and laughter and love let us all interject,

A way of being God’s people and honoring all as beloved we are called to protect.

 

I pray that each person reading this would sense God’s presence, peace, and love as we prepare our hearts, homes, tables, and lives to give thanks tomorrow.  With God’s love to you all.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer sentence 4

  I invite you to breathe in and slowly exhale.   I invite you to rest in the promise that you don’t have to earn or deserve your way to God...