Friday, October 21, 2022

Friday Prayer


 

God who is found in the people we encounter this day.  We give thanks this week when we caught courage from another.  We give thanks for people whose love is a light to our lives.  We give thanks for those who have shaped us into who we are today ~ our mothers, sisters, brothers, fathers, teachers, adoptive parents, mentors, friends, and fellow church members.

 

God, You are everywhere, so You are here with each of us.

 

As I look back on the week, I give thanks for (fill in two moments that brought a smile to your face).

As I rewind the past five days, I have felt the energy of emotion in my heart (name and notice some of the emotions sitting on the shelves of your soul).

As I examine where I’ve been, this person and place comes to my mind (sit with an experience from the last week.)

And I look to the coming days, I pray You would go before, beside, and behind me when facing (name an upcoming event where you need God to arrive first in that situation).

 

Take our lives during this harvest season and let them be, part of Christ’s community.  Take my heart, hands, and whole life to be help me sow seeds of unity.  In the name of the One who came to gather all Your children as a mother hen gathers her brood, Jesus the Christ.  Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Morning Prayer

  God of a new month, where what is unresolved from April can linger and leave an imprint, meet us in ways that we sense Your presence as Ch...