Friday, July 29, 2022

Being the One ~ Gratitude part Five

 


“Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” ~  Maya Angelou.

Please pray with me: Life-giving God, in the beginning You fashioned, formed, and loved us into being.  You breathed in the breath of life that is still swirling and stirring here and now.  Thank you, for this most beautiful day.  Thank you for this one precious and wild life.  Thank you for those whose love reminds me in real ways of Your love that will not let me go.  Thank you, God, for small ways that I experience Your goodness.  Thank you for a vision of gratitude that sets my feet toward a different destination than the one preached and proclaimed by the voices of the world.  Thank you that these two words can re-order how I see what was, is, and will be.  May this attitude of gratitude not just be some platitude for this summer day, but a way of being in the world for the rest of the year.  May I join in the prayer and praise of the Samaritan who came back to Jesus with thanksgiving, may that truth interrupt me in holy ways this day and for countless days to come. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Morning Prayer

  God of a new month, where what is unresolved from April can linger and leave an imprint, meet us in ways that we sense Your presence as Ch...