Tuesday, June 7, 2022

The Story of YOU part Two

 


How is the writing assignment going from yesterday?  Wait, you think, he was serious about that?  Yup!  Okay, let me give you an alternative way to think about the invitation.  What are the top ten or fifteen or nineteen experiences and encounters in your life?  You could actually make multiple lists.  One could be professional; one could be personal; one could be playful.  For example, on one list I could put earning my doctorate and serving three amazing churches.  On another I could put marrying my best friend and having two great children.  On another I could put my love of Legos and the awe I felt standing at the Grand Canyon years ago. 

 

As a matter of fact, just start making the list.  Don’t get so caught up in classifying or categorizing.  Just reflect on the story of your life and start writing.  Again, I would love to see your lists when you finish.  May God, the co-author of all our stories, guide and ground you in this prayerful, hopefully playful, exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Foolishness

  Throughout the month of April, we have been playing with the invitation of holy foolishness that is at the heart of Easter.   We have jour...