Friday, March 18, 2022

Friday Prayer

 


Week Two of living inside the narrative of Mary/Martha/Jesus/Disciples/Lazarus is wrapping up.  We have found ways to see ourselves in the disciples, Martha, and Mary.  We have honored our holy “why” questions.  We have given thanks for our female ancestors whose love nurtured and nourished us.  We will continue to stick and stay with Lazarus throughout the coming weeks, but for now, I invite you to join me in prayer.

 

God for this week with all the experiences and encounters; thank you for insights and ideas that awaken and can increase my awareness.  Thank you for moments when Your Windex of wisdom clears off some of the mirror in which I see so dimly like the disciples.  Thank you for times have a Martha-like courage and conviction.  Thank you for experiences of Mary-like fierce faithfulness.  Help the stories of scripture continue to dwell within me that I might find myself in these words.  In the name of the One whose life is a light to my heart, Jesus the Christ.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Morning Prayer

  God of a new month, where what is unresolved from April can linger and leave an imprint, meet us in ways that we sense Your presence as Ch...