Friday, January 21, 2022

Morning Meditation ~ Prayer

 


Guided prayer for today:

 

Holy One whose wisdom found a home in the heart of Jesus.  I continue to prayerfully and intentionally and playfully seek ways to embody the invitation to love You, O God, to love myself, and to love others.

I pray for the moments this past week when I let Your love guide me ~ reminding me who and whose I am.

I pray for those moments the critic in my mind took over and pointed out all my stumbles and bumbles.

I pray for those times I felt the surge of your Spirit sharing Your love with another.  I name the people who are warming my heart aloud right now.

I pray for those times I judged and justified my superiority over another one of Your beloved children.  I name the people I struggle to love.  I name neighbors, family, friends, fellow church members, leaders, and people to whom I often find it easy to dismiss the challenging call to love my enemies.

I pray for the world.

I pray for our relationship, O God.  I pray for Your movement to be felt and trusted in my life.

I name all that is within me.

I pray for all that is before me today.

I pray for the unknowingness of this time in life.

I pray for Your beauty, wisdom, and love to go before, beside, behind, and within me every hour now and in the year to come.  Amen.  And Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Morning Prayer

  God of a new month, where what is unresolved from April can linger and leave an imprint, meet us in ways that we sense Your presence as Ch...