Friday, November 19, 2021

Gratitude for you!

 


Push pause with me this morning to rewind and review this past week.  We started with gratitude ~ not as something we possess or control but as a verb that can possess/control/guide our lives.  We named that we all have narratives in our minds/hearts/souls.  Some of those narratives contain pain that make a word like “gratitude” seem distant and disconnected from our experiences.  We honored that gratitude is a prayer practice and posture many of us were not taught and is not easily caught in our world today.  Finally, yesterday, I offered an amateur poem/prayer because that was a way to express gratitude and was just fun!!

My prayer this week was not to convince you about gratitude or fill you with information, but to shine a light on what gratitude means to you in this week leading up to Thanksgiving.  For you to check in with your own soul in these days.  For you to be aware and awake to what is happening within you and around you. 

I am grateful for you.  I give thanks that our world is full of such diversity that reflects God’s image.  My heart is full for each person who takes time each morning to read my words, especially my bad poetry!  My life is blessed by your love which is an embodiment, incarnation of God’s love made real in my life.

Thank you. Thank you for being you.  Thank you for the ways you reflect God and help me grow into God’s image.  With heartfelt gratitude for a grace that is more than a word, but a lived experience.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hymnal that Hums in Our Soul Part 1

  If music is the language of the soul made audible, then human voices, raised in concert and in human gatherings, are primary instruments o...