Friday, October 22, 2021

God's Calling ~ Prayer

 


Prayer: God help me in Samuel like moments when I am too busy to listen.  Help me when my own thoughts or the voices of others crowd out Your calling.  Help me when the baggage of my soul sinks me down.  Keep calling like You did for Samuel.  Keep persistently and patiently reaching out.  I will try, prayerfully and with all my heart, to take the next right step.  I will trust and know that sometimes the next step is forward process, other times sideways progress, and other times no progress whatsoever.


Be with all those today who are hurting.  Meet Your people in our wounds and wants, in our unprocessed pain and anger.  Help us be honest and open that You don't ask for us to have it all figured out.


Be Thou, for me, a safe space to be fully myself in these days.  Help me ask good questions.  Help me stay open for Your movement.  Help me continue to say, “Here I am, speak for Your servant is listening.”  Then, listen!  Remind me that life doesn’t come with a money back guarantee, but with a promise of Your presence every single day.  Surround and sustain and grant me strength every day.  Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Meditation

  Creator God, You are a Genius at play.   You continually sink deep Your fingers into our lives and world; You continue to sing to our soul...