Friday, September 24, 2021

God Calling ~ Jeremiah Redux

 


This week we have turned toward and tuned into Jeremiah’s words.  I intentionally worked backward through the passage as a fresh way to engage these words. 

 

I wonder, what is stirring within you?

 

On Sunday, I asked you to think about what you wanted to be when you grew up and what we pray our church might be ~ who do we pray we will become?  By look back at our dreams and desires of the younger versions of ourselves, this might be one way to listen to our shy souls.

 

On Monday, I asked you to ponder where you might want to pluck up or what needs to be pulled down personally, in your family, in our church, and country.  This is work that is never finished.  Remember that we are plunged into a story we did not start…and will be finished by another.  The other is God.

 

On Tuesday, I asked you to ponder what fears roam and rummage around your life right now?  Do you have a moment when something seemed so difficult ~ like the worst thing ever, but ended up later to seem less significant? 

 

On Wednesday, I invited you to ponder excuses in your life.

 

Yesterday, I invited you into the imperfect and infinite moment called, “Today”.

 

Today, I want you to name and notice what is stirring within you.  What new insight or idea is starting to germinate or grow?  We need moments to step back and survey the bigger picture.  May today offer you a glimpse of God’s grace guiding and calling and steering you in the art project of your life.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer of St. Francis

  As we are exploring Earth Week, it is holy to return to the prayer of St. Francis.   I encourage you slowly to read these words, especiall...