Friday, July 9, 2021

Prayers for the Second Part of 2021

 


Final prompt for the week and this one may take you a bit longer.  I want to know your prayer for the second part of 2021.  Push pause here.  You began 2021 with prayers.  Perhaps for the vaccine and for an end to isolation.  You began this year with hopes and good intentions.  At the halfway point, given what you know now, what is your prayer for the days to come?  

I realize that it is hard to know what is around the corner.  That we continue to feel like we are constantly pivoting.  I often say to people, “Three days is firm (I have a good sense of what I am doing this weekend).  Three weeks is fuzzy (I have some glimpses or guesses about the end of July).  Three months is fiction (I have no idea what October will look like).  Yet, I have this moment, this day.  Here is my prayer for the last half of this year:

To be open to God’s holy prompting every day, to make laughter a prayer, to serve with my whole heart, and to focus first on the people I love.

Now, it is your turn.  This is NOT a force share moment.  If you prefer not to post today, I understand.  I would welcome an email from you with your prayer so that I might pray for you.  Also, I invite you to tune in on Sunday to see how this invitation is woven into worship.  

Prayer: God who is with us and for us; whose grace is endless and eternal in the now of this moment, embrace us with love and grant us wisdom/courage/Your presence for the living of this hour and every hour.  Amen.  And Amen.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Meditation ~ Earth Week

  One of my favorite authors is John O’Donohue.   I encourage you to read slowly this poem, prayer of his:   FOR A NEW BEGINNING   I...