Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Morning Hymns Part 3

 


Listen to this version of Morning Has Broken as a doorway to prayer today: (Note this is instrumental, so feel free to sing out!)

Halfway through the week ~ Woohoo.  Look back at the last two days, what have you already experienced this week?  What has been the best moment so far? (Besides this devotional).  What has been difficult or troubling?  Where has ordinary beauty met you unaware? 

Our morning hymn today is Morning Has Broken.  I want to draw us to the third stanza:

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day.

In the last stanza, I have always wondered if the author was trying to say that God is re-creating – as in making new or continuing creation.  Or is the author saying God is recreating – as in relaxing, resting, playing, having fun, doing something so enjoyable?  Or is it both?

What are your thoughts?  Is today a new creation?  Is there something relaxing, fun, playful you could do?  How might moments today be both?  I know when I play, laugh, enjoy life; I am filled afresh with life.

Continue to pray with me:

God of this moment, re-create me with a love, grace, peace, possibility and promise I need every day and every hour.  Help me recreate a way of letting loose joy in this world.  Strengthen me to be open to Your will as what moves and motivates all I say and do.  I know I will stumble and be stubborn and stuck with my own agenda rather than Yours.  But I trust in Your power to break through the spaces between my certainty with Your creative presence.  Thank you for moments already this week that have filled my soul.  Thank you for strength to face the challenges.  Thank you for this day that has broken open already with Your awaiting arms to enfold and hold us all.  Halelu, Halelu, Hallelujah!  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Sentences #5

  Sometimes it is good to rewind and review where we have been in the last week.   This is not an evaluation ~ there are no grades ~ just a ...