Friday, May 21, 2021

Undertaken by God's Glory

 


Another week winds down, O God.

Another month about to wrap up and to be forever bound in Your embrace, Eternal One.

The colors of my life continue to be painted upon the canvas.

Yet, I know I do not hold the paint brush alone.  

Your grace guides my hand, Your voice sings to my heart, Your presence awakens my creativity.

I know it is easy to over-function; to let my Type-A personality point out all the things left undone.

I know it is easy to turn to the promises of Madison Ave, to listen to the advertisements that if I just had the right ~

Car

Clothes

Cosmetics that would erase or ease these wrinkles...

Maybe then life would be amazing.

We are caught in a cycle of, "I consume therefore I am."

Break us out of trying to be perfect or please everyone.

Break through the ways we turn toward the Gold Calves that promise easy answers.

Break down our defenses that we would rather have things our way...so that Your way O God would enter in, disrupting and disorienting us from the patterns that cause hurt and harm.

We need Your wisdom this day and every day.

Let loose the truth of that I am an artist made in Your image, laughter is a prayer, and sometimes I can learn the most in moments I make mistakes.  May these truths continue to guide me in the dwindling days of this month and each day this weekend. 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning Meditation

  Creator God, You are a Genius at play.   You continually sink deep Your fingers into our lives and world; You continue to sing to our soul...